We offer Dental Urgent and Emergencies Treatments in SW Calgary during COVID 19 Pandemic
UPDATE MAY 4, 2020.
Until May 14, 2020, dentist in Calgary, Alberta, can serve both urgent and emergent patients.
Call 403.242.5900 now for details and specific answers to your dental and oral health concerns!
What it is an urgent dental treatment according to Alberta Dental Association and College?
Urgent dental care focuses on the management of conditions that require immediate attention to relieve pain and if left untreated may significantly compromise patient dental health, such as:
- Severe dental pain from pulpal inflammation
- Pericoronitis or third-molar pain
- Surgical post-operative osteitis, dry socket dressing changes
- Abscess, or localized bacterial infection resulting in localized pain and swelling
- Tooth fracture resulting in pain or causing soft tissue trauma
- Dental trauma with avulsion/luxation
- Dental treatment required prior to critical medical procedures
- Final crown/bridge cementation
Other urgent dental care:
- Active sleep apnea management
- Extensive dental caries or defective restorations causing pain or that can lead to pain
- Suture removal
- Denture adjustment on radiation/oncology patients
- Denture adjustments or repairs when function impeded
- Replacing temporary filling on endo access openings in patients experiencing pain or an endodontically treated tooth with a high fracture potential
- Pre-surgical clearance for medical procedures
- Managing active orthodontic cases
What is it considered a Dental Emergency Treatment during Pandemic?
According to Alberta Dental Association and College, Emergency dental treatments during COVID 19 Pandemic includes treatment of oral-facial trauma, significant infection, prolonged bleeding, pain which cannot be managed by over the counter medications, or management of known/high-risk malignancy.
Where can you find us, and how can you get a dental emergency appointment during COVID 19 Pandemic?
Our Dental office is open to serve Dental Emergencies during this challenging time, in Lakeview Plazza, SW Calgary. Our dental office address is #104, 6449 Crowchild Trail SW Calgary, Alberta, T3E 5R7. Click this link to get directions on Google Map.
Until the limitations for COVID 19 will be lifted, we have to initially screen patients over the phone before we are able to proceed.
We will have to ask you about your current situation and take you through COVID 19 screening over the phone.
- set an emergency dental appointment time and date
- offer you counselling and instructions over the phone
- help you with medication over the phone
- or place you on a waiting list for further treatments when the limitations regarding COVID 19 are lifted
What do you need to do NOW?
- 1. Identify if you have a dental emergency ( If still not sure try our online assessment above )
- 2. Call our office at (403)-242-5900 or chat with us Facebook Messenger and we will contact you
- 3. Get your specific instructions over the phone
Call us now, and in case we are not in the office right now, you will find instructions on our answering machine.
Our office hours are depending on the type and number of emergencies we have to treat. The only way for you to know when the best time to come in is to call our office and go through our over the phone screening. We will make sure to find the best solution for your specific situation.
REGULAR DENTAL EMERGENCY IN SW CALGARY
Not sure your dental problem is an emergency? Follow this guideline If it hurts, it’s an emergency. Any trauma to your mouth is considered a dental emergency. Immediate treatment for a chipped tooth could preserve the healthy tissues inside. Even if you aren’t in much pain, any structural damage to a tooth should be considered an emergency. Chips, fractures, or lost fillings or crowns can affect the living tissue inside the teeth and cause further problems that require more extensive treatments in the future. You may need to visit our office if you experience any of the following:
- A toothache that won’t go away
- Facial swelling
- A possible gum infection
- Sensitivity to cold or hot liquids or sweets
- Pain when biting
- Constant or intermittent tooth pain
- Severe throbbing tooth pain
- Sinus pain
- Face injuries
Lakeview Dental Centre welcomes walk-ins as well as after-hours calls. We specialize in treating almost all dental emergencies ranging from broken teeth to oral injuries.
We can treat your dental emergency in Calgary by using the latest technologies to enhance your ultimate dental health and provide dental care following the guidelines of the highest safety standards.
Our Calgary office always keeps time aside in our day to accommodate for urgent treatments. Dr. Newman and her team will do their best to deal with your emergency as quickly as possible and make you comfortable. Call Lakeview Dental Centre today at (403) 242-5900
Emergency Dentist Dr. Violet Newman